Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mud Pies


One of my favorite things my girls like to do is make mud pies. They like to dig around the tree in our front yard and mix water to make their recipes. It is great to be a kid and not mind getting your arms and legs covered in mud. My little one though picks the dry stuff- grass, sticks, clovers. and sometimes little rocks. She does NOT like to get wet or dirty. To me it is funny. She is such a little priss. I have told several people she needs to marrry a rich man who has a lot of patience. Of course, he needs to be a Godly christian man and love God more than his wife. She will make her recipe in a cup with maybe a little water but that is about it! Both girls have played well together this summer, which is real nice. On the 4th of July we went to Calleo, past Tappahannock. We had a real good time. The weather was beautiful and the water was pretty calm. My aunt has a summer house that use to be a gargage and a front porch and they have made it into a house. It is so quaint. We grilled hotdogs and hamburgers and everyone made sides to bring. Their hammock is positioned right between two trees, which catches the breeze off the river. We took a 10 minute boat ride with my uncle in his boat and that was just great. It is nice seeing everyone since some of our relatives we only see during the Christmas holiday. We left later that day and enjoyed some fresh picked blackberries I picked with my aunt.

No comments:

I Carry Your Heart E.E. Cummings

Twila Paris Only You Dear Daddy

Anita Renfroe