Friday, May 16, 2008

Field Day The Olympics May 13







We finished up our last scheduled activity for our homeschool co-op. It was field day. It was at our church in the back of the parking lot. The kids had a lot of fun. They played 5 different games and everything went relatively smooth. It was nice and sunny but the breeze was a bit cool still. The kids played a game with a plunger and a ball. They carried the ball in the plunger like a torch( for those of you reading this the plungers were brand new and never used!) to the finish line and then back to pass it to their team mate. They did a javelin throw, tug of war, broad jump and one more game I can't remember. After it was over everyone received their own medal that was made by the mom who put this whole field day together. After playing the games everyone had a picnic in the back of the parking lot. We talked some and the kids played a little. One of the kids took home a souvenir, a tick. Lucky him. The mom spotted it in enough time before it came an issue! Right now everything is slowing down and getting ready to finish up school.

1 comment:

~*~Shea~*~ said...

Hey Aimee,
I didn't realize you had a blog. Way to go! I read each entry and can't wait for more.
About the sleepovers, Rebecca doesn't have those anymore. Emily is still young enough that I can tell her friends that bed time is at 10 and everyone is always asleep by midnight. At Rebecca's last big sleepover, I turned all the clocks up 2 hours. After they all fell asleep by 1 a.m. I changed them back. I know it was deceitful but it worked at letting them stay up really late yet still actually get a good night's sleep.
Can I add your link to my friends blogs section on mine?
Can't wait for more blogging...

I Carry Your Heart E.E. Cummings

Twila Paris Only You Dear Daddy

Anita Renfroe